Tuesday, March 24, 2009

All Dogs Go to Heaven

On February 28, 2003, I got Cody from my cousin Scott. Cody was 12 at the time and not really fond of women. He quickly became my dog and followed me everywhere. He also loved Bean and would go look for him when I asked him where "his boy" was. Our favorite morning activity was sending Bean off on the school bus. Cody would wait and watch at the door when I walked Bean out to the bus.

Cody loved going to the park, playing ball and going for walks. During this past August, Cody had a stroke and although he somewhat recovered, he couldn't do any of those things anymore. He also couldn't go upstairs when I did and would whine most of the time when I went upstairs or away from home. Sometimes he would go sleep on the floor of Beans room but mostly loved sleeping on the couch-even though he wasn't allowed on the furniture! He knew I wouldn't yell at him.
On March 16th, Cody went to doggy heaven. It broke my heart. I will miss that dog so much. 

1 comment: